Sunday, February 22, 2015

Emboss Resist Flowers



Thought I'd just do a quick tutorial on how I used the emboss
resist technique to create flowers !!

For these flowers I used the following from Heartfelt Creations:
Arianna Blooms Die (for the stamens)

Other items I used: Clear emboss ink, White embossing powder, white card

Now to make the flowers!!!
First of all stamp the flowers and leaves onto 160gsm card and
heat emboss with the white embossing powder and die cut.


Using the Rose Coral Chalk colour the centres of the flowers.
Lay the colour down heavier in the centres.


Turn the flower over and gently spray with water.
(I usually do this away from the table, holding the flower in my
 fingers! but to take a pic I did it like this)


Using a small shaping tool randomly dot over the petals to 
break the fibres of the card down.


Now turn the flower over.
Take a petal and pleat it together to create a distressed look.
Sort of pinching it ......... 


Leave the flower to dry, it doesn't take long!
Now turn the flower to the back and in the base
of the petal roll a medium balled tool to create depth.


Turn the flower over and roll the tool around the centre so the leaves 
come up and create shape for the flower.


Now the leaves........
Stamp, emboss and die cut the same way as the flowers.
Using the Olive pastel chalk colour the leaf centres,


Turn the leaf over and shape.


Glitter the flowers petals 
I used Stickles glitter glue here  (Star dust)


Now you could leave them like this if you wanted.


Or ................. 
I die cut the centres from the Arianna Blooms and adhered them
with a pearl to the flower centres


Or ..........
Another option I used was to put beads into the flower centres


There are many other options you could use!
Have fun making flowers!!!
Here is a card I made using them !! 



Happy Crafting and thanks for checking this out !!


15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this tutorial, your flowers are beautiful. Love the card too.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Liz!!! The flowers (and the card) are stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and beautiful flowers, they really are amazing! I'll definitely have a go at this technique so thank you for the tutorial. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creating blooms is my favorite part of paper crafting. LOVE this site for both inspiration and tutorials. Thanks so much for continuing to make this world a prettier place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so simple when it is broken down, step by step. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the tutorial. I love your flowers and the
    card. Can you please tell me what brand of chalk that you used.
    I'm in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The Chalks are from ColorBox. Have fun making the flowers! Hugs liz

      Delete
  7. Love the resist technique for the flowers. The flowers and card are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Liz, they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Liz, love it! Wow! your flowers are stunning hun.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your tutorial, your flowers are really amazing!!
    ...I love always all your flowers, you are so talented!
    Beautiful card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card.....
    Beautiful flowers and very well explained tutorial,....
    Even a novice like me can comprehend... Lol
    Thank you so much for sharing.....
    Regards Shilpi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pretty and great tutorial! Love the way you embossed and colored them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your emboss/resist flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for the lovely tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.