I love making flowers from vellum! They are so delicate and pretty!
Make them too with these EZ steps:
Delicate vellum flowers made in 5 EZ steps!
1. Stamp the Wildwood Cottage Flowers onto vellum with white ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
2. Colour the backs of the flowers with inks (ColorBox Dark Peony Chalk was used for these flowers)
3. Die cut your flowers (TIP: Use a piece of paper to protect your plates from any colour transfer) and gently shape the tips of the petals from the back of the flower. Don't worry if you get any white flakes from the heat embossed areas, this happens at times with vellum.
4. Turn your flower over and gently press in the centre to raise your petals.
5. Adhere prills into the flower centres and your flower is ready to be used on your projects!
To create the leaves from this collection do the same thing but use a green ink for colouring on the back of the vellum and leave them unshaped as they are very delicate! Have fun!
EZ coloring tips: Add pink to your rose leaves for a realistic look!
Oooh roses are perfect for all kinds of projects!
1. Stamp the image and colour with a green ink. 2. Add pink from the base of each leaf upwards. 3. Die cut the leaf using the co-ordinating die and ink the edges of the leaves to create a blended colouring. 4. Shape the leaves from the back, 5. Run your tool over the stems of the leaf so that the leaf lays flat. 6. Have fun making the roses to go with your leaves and easily create beautiful projects for your friends and family!
The Petunia flowers are so versatile and fun to use.
I've put together a quick tutorial to make some for you here:
EZ Steps to making the Classic Petunia flowers! 1. Stamp the flowers and leaves in brown ink, colour the leaves with Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and die cut using the coordinating die.
2. Colour the flowers using the Precision Daubers and Memento Lilac Posies ink. Color from the centre upwards on each petal using the edge of the dauber to create the shading. Shade the edges of the leaves with the Bamboo Leaves ink.
3. From the back of the leaves shape the edges of the leaves with the flower shaping tools. Turn the leaves over and press in the centre of the leaves to bring the leaves upwards.
4. From the back of the flowers shape the tips of the petals with a circular motion or for a more distressed look prod the tip with the tool three times.
Turn the flowers over and run the flower shaping tool down the centre of each petal. Place the whole flower over the tool and shape with your fingers.
5. Adhere prills to the flower centres and glitter the petals. Use your flowers on your projects and have fun!