Thursday, June 11, 2015

A field of Poppies


Here is my second card this week with the new Blazing Poppies from Heartfelt Creations!
Oooh I am loving these ! I have had great fun scrunching and making the flowers
and colouring up the stamped images. 
I love colouring with my waterbrush and this time I used Distress markers with it.

Would you believe this card started out life as a box !!! 
Hehe I cut and coloured four of these images to make a box with
and this is what happened !!! lol!! 

I decorated the inner with the lovely corner poppy stamp.
It was only after I had made the card I thought about this, I think it adds 
a little bit of sunshine to the inner too! 


Have you stopped by the Heartfelt Creations blog ??
Oh my there is some beautiful projects! I feel so honoured to work with
these talented ladies and for an amazing company ! I count my blessings every day.
Click on the pic below to check them out.

Heartfelt Creations

To make the card I used the following:
HCPC-3678 Blazing Poppy Fillers Cling set
HCPC-3675 Poppy Corner and Border Cling set
159723 Art Institute Glue
TSMP900 Memento Black Ink

Other Products Used : Peeled paint, and Festive Berries Distress Markers, 
White and black Card, 3D foam pads, Faded Jeans and Peeled Paint Distress
ink pads, Spellbinders Mystical Embrace Die, water brush

Using white folded card cut the Spellbinders die to create a tent fold card. 
Die cut another single cut and adhere to the card front. Cut a piece of white
card 4 14/16" x 2 9/16" and adhere in the centre of the card. Cut a balck piece
of card 2 6/16" x 4 11/16" and adhere to the card. Cut a white piece of card 
2 4/16" x 4 9/16" and stamp the image on it.Colour the flowers with the distress
markers and your water brush. Gently using a finger dauber rub Peeled paint ink
along the bottom for a grass effect. Do the same with the Faded Jeans ink pad
along the top fr a sky effect. Adhere to the card with 3D foam pads. For the 
inner cut a piece of black card 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" and adhere to the card. Using 
white card cut a piece of card 4 1/8" x 2 1/8" and stamp the image on the corner.
Colour with the markers and gently rub Faded Jeans ink around it. Adhere to the 
card and your project is complete.

6 comments:

  1. This one is so gorgeous Lizzie. That poppy stamp is superb and looks fab with the inner card stamped with the corner one too!l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your comments they mean so much to me. Hugsxx

      Delete
  2. A stunning card Liz. The stamped poppies have such lovely detail and your colouring is just perfect. The die cut card blank makes such a lovely frame for your artwork. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! Love the border stamp! Your poppy colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Gorgous! These poppies are lovely and the frame is just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love it if you left a comment ! Thanks for looking, happy crafting.